Dole’s Worldwide Headquarters in Westlake Village, California has implemented initiatives aimed at decreasing energy consumption, including:
- Use of energy efficient lamps in all offices.
- Implementation of room lighting occupancy sensors with timer shut-off.
- Changeover to Energy Star copiers with automatic sleep mode.
- Use of a 5-Star energy rating system for meeting air filtration standards.
These four adjustments contributed to a 9% reduction in energy usage and a 25% reduction in natural gas usage between 2005 and 2009.
Dole’s headquarters also offer incentives to employees who participate in the commuter program. For those who carpool, walk, bike or use public transit from their home to Headquarters, the Company offers:
- Monthly financial rewards
- Meal vouchers
- Time off with pay
- Preferential parking
- Quarterly drawings
- Guaranteed ride home