WESTLAKE VILLAGE, California – July 6, 2011—Dole Food Company, Inc. (NYSE: DOLE) announced today that it has launched its new Corporate Responsibility and Sustainability website. This tool is now fully integrated into Dole’s corporate website. It also specifically emphasizes Dole’s four pillars of sustainability (Carbon Footprint, Water Management, Soil Conservation and Packaging) in addition to Dole’s environmental and labor practices and community programs.
An interactive section, called “explore” invites visitors to become more familiar with some very specific corporate responsibility and sustainability initiatives developed at the local level, worldwide.
“Our new website focuses less on policies and more on results. For example, we have a dedicated section concentrating on metrics, where our carbon and water footprint assessments have been posted. This section will be updated on a regular basis, following the gathering of additional information aimed at measuring our performance in the sustainability area,” said Sylvain Cuperlier, the Vice President of Worldwide Corporate Responsibility and Sustainability at Dole Food Company, Inc.
The new site is available at: www.dolesustainability.com. It is available in English for the time being and should be translated into other languages soon.
About Dole Food Company
Dole, with 2010 net revenues of $6.9 billion, is the world’s largest producer and marketer of high-quality fresh fruit and fresh vegetables, and is the leading producer of organic bananas and producer/shipper of organic pineapples. Dole markets a growing line of packaged and frozen fruit and is a produce industry leader in nutrition education and research. For more information, please visit www.dole.com.
- Dole Food Company, Inc. Launches New Corporate Social Responsibility Website
- Dole CEO Highlights Company Corporate Responsibility and Sustainability Programs at Conference in Guatemala
- Dole Confirms Environmental Commitment with Formation of Office of Corporate Responsibility and Sustainability
- Dole Food Company Hosts Summit Showcasing Latest Innovations in Sustainability
- Dole Food Company, Inc. Recognized for Corporate Social Responsibility Programs in Costa Rica and Thailand