The following sources of emissions are NOT included in this carbon footprint study:
- User phase of products, because it has a high level of uncertainty and the estimated emissions during the user phase on an eventual carbon footprint is usually minor.
- Waste/recycling phase due to its high level of uncertainty.
- Land use change is a major source of greenhouse gas emissions worldwide; however, because the methodology of how to allocate it to different products is still under development it is excluded from this assessment.
- Emissions from the production of capital goods (trucks, airplanes and buildings).
- Traveling of employees to and from normal place of work.
- Energy requirements for humans and animals providing transport services.
- Transportation of consumers to and from retail.